Cause you dont really love me You just keep me hangin on Thats the chorus from You Keep Me Hanging On a big hit for both the Supremes 1966 pictured to the left. John from Nashville Tn This song was out of character for the Supremes because they were always whining about wanting their wayward man to stay with them.


I Ain T Never Switched Up On Nobody Either You Pushed Me Away Left Me Hanging Or Proved To Me How Unloyal You Ar Push Me Away Quotes Push Me Away Real

Dozier collaborated with Brian and E.

You keep me hanging on meaning. The single is rooted in proto-funk and rhythm and blues compared to the Supremes previous single You Cant Hurry Love which uses the call and response elements akin to gospel. They have had a number of hit singles. He wants his cake and he wants to eat it too.

Its true you have me twisted round your fingers It seems thats where I belong. You know how to hold me to thrill me and control me. On You Keep Me Hanging.

To leave one in an unsettled state or without some kind of resolution. To place or be placed in position as. On You Keep Me Hanging On the girls are actually giving the man a kick in the pants out the door.

Set me free why dont cha babe. 2022 Farlex Inc all rights reserved. November 18 2021 was Kim Wildes 61st birthday.

The songs signature guitar part is said to have originated from a Morse code-like radio sound effect typically used before a news announcement heard by Lamont Dozier. You dont want me for yourself so let me find somebody else. He wants to give you just enough to keep you hanging on but not enough for you to accuse him of leading you on.

Get out my life why dont cha babe ooh ooh ooh ooh Cause you dont really love me. Its considered rude to not return a high-five when someone puts their hand in the airtheres no graceful way for them to lower it without. Heres a list of similar words from our thesaurus that you can use instead.

You Keep Me Hangin On Lyrics. Cause you dont really love me You just keep me hangin on The singer complains that his partner does not love him anymore but she wants him to continue paying attention to. Every time I stop awhile Think about your sweet smile I cant do nothing else all day The way that you wink your eye Every time you walk by Baby what can I.

You Keep Me Hangin On was originally recorded in 1966 by the Supremes for the Motown label. 18 November 1960 is an English pop. Originating from high-fives.

Let me get over you The way youve gotten over me Set me free why dont you babe Get out my life why dont you babe Cause you dont really love me You know it you keep me hanging on. The picture hung on the wall. The song describes how in our darkest times when we feel lost and alone God can use the kindness of others to give us just enough hope to keep hanging on to keep believing in a God.

Set me free Why dont you bay Get out my life Why dont you baby You dont really love me You just keeps me hangin on oo Why do you keep comin round Playin with my heart no no Why. That is why we publish new Kim Wilde videosKim Wilde born Kim Smith. John from Nashville Tn This song was out of character for the Supremes because they were always whining about wanting their wayward man to stay with them.

Keep someone hanging on. Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. Watch the video for You Keep Me Hanging On from Vanilla Fudges The Best of Vanilla Fudge for free and see the artwork lyrics and similar artists.

Many translated example sentences containing you keep me hanging on Spanish-English dictionary and search engine for Spanish translations. To entice especially by offering. The consultants were supposed to deliver the report last week but theyve kind of kept us hanging in midair.

Need synonyms for keep someone hanging on. You Keep Me Hangin On Lyrics. To fasten or be fastened from above esp by a cord chain etc.

To keep so hanging on means to keep himher waiting - so you could paraphrase it by saying you make me wait for you. Vb hangs hanging or hung hʌŋ 1.


If You Hang Out With Me For Too Long I Ll Brainwash You Into Believing In Yourself And Knowing You Can Achieve Anything Inspirational Quotes Words Me Quotes